Transform Your Life with a Smile Makeover
Have you ever wished for a white, flawless, aligned smile? Have you longed for perfect teeth like those of celebrities or newsmakers? A customized smile makeover will turn these wants into reality. And a new smile can change your life.
Am I a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
Maybe you just want whiter teeth. Perhaps you have always envisioned teeth that are all one size and color. One cosmetic dentistry treatment could fulfill these wishes. The word “makeover” does not have to be an in-depth reconstruction of your teeth made up of dozens of hours in the dentist’s chair. A smile makeover is customized to every patient, whether you are undergoing one or multiple cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry procedures. Any upgrades to your smile that improve your appearance are considered a smile makeover.
And any person who wants to improve their appearance is eligible for a smile makeover. You don’t have to be of a certain age, demographic, or profession. There is one caveat though. Cosmetic dentistry procedures are appropriate for patients who have a strong foundation of natural teeth. If you are suffering with gum disease or other oral health problems, these will need to be addressed before any “decorating” can happen to your teeth.
Consult your dentist about a smile makeover if you have any of the following complaints:
- Bleeding gums
- Broken teeth
- Changing face shape
- Discolored teeth
- Jaw pain
- Loose teeth
- Missing teeth
- Receding gums
- Silver fillings
- Sore or painful gums
- Stained teeth
What Smile Makeover Procedures Are Right for Me?
It’s your Suwanee cosmetic dentist’s job to make recommendations for your smile makeover. All you need to know is what parts of your smile you are dissatisfied with so your dentist can offer appropriate treatment suggestions and discuss your options with you.
Here are just some of the procedures that can be included in a smile makeover:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: White fillings are shaded to match your natural teeth, so no one ever needs to know that you had tooth decay or damage and needed to have a tooth repaired. If you are sporting amalgam silver fillings, it may be time to replace them to eliminate unsightly elements of your smile, and to protect you from the toxic mercury that are a component of silver fillings.
- Porcelain Veneers: One of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry procedures, patients love porcelain veneers for their ability to hide and transform multiple oral health complaints at once. Super-thin shells of porcelain are adhered to the front of your teeth and, in the process, create a smile that is aligned, white, natural-looking, and teeth that are the same length and shape. Breaks, chips, cracks, and stains are all hidden for good.
- Lumineers: Lumineers by Cerinate offer all the same benefits as porcelain veneers with one major difference: the application of the veneers is less-invasive. Natural teeth do not require as much prep in the Lumineer procedure, and discomfort is minimized.
- Dental Implants: While typically categorized as a restorative dentistry treatment, dental implants do transform your smile by replacing missing teeth or taking the place of teeth that need to be extracted because of severe damage or decay.
- Pinhole Surgical Technique: Plagued by your receding gums? This unsightly side effect of age, genetics, periodontal disease, or overaggressive brushing can be reversed with the amazing Pinhole Surgical Technique. Gum grafts and sutures are a thing of the past and treatment is far less invasive and less painful with this innovative new method. Gum tissue is loosened and shifted into a new location to give you a gorgeous smile makeover.
- Porcelain Crowns and Dental Bridges: Porcelain crowns, dental bridges, and other restorations can be completed in one day in the dentist’s office thanks to the innovative CAD/CAM Omnicam system by CEREC. The CEREC system allows your Johns Creek dentist to produce top-quality restorations on-site in just one convenient appointment. There is no waiting for crowns or bridges to be sent to a lab and mailed back to your dentist’s office. Walk in with damaged teeth – walk out with a brand new smile.
- Inlays or Onlays: Tooth inlays and onlays are also created using the CEREC system, making them one of the faster smile makeover options. An inlay is used to repair the middle section of a tooth while an onlay covers that section an one or more cusps of the tooth. It is possible for your dentist to rebuild a tooth in this way – sometimes onlays are called partial crowns – rather than opting for a full porcelain crown.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening can be done in about one hour in your dentist’s office. Walk in with dull or stained teeth – walk out with a bright, white, transformed smile.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the cosmetic and restorative dentistry options. Not every treatment is necessary for your smile makeover or right for your needs. And, if you have any anxiety about the dentist or want your smile makeover to go faster, sedation dentistry is always an option.
Look Like the Best Version of Yourself with a Smile Makeover
Being embarrassed or self-conscious about your teeth is enough of a reason to pursue a smile makeover. These transformative treatments can make you look healthier, happier, and younger – all appealing side effects for a few hours in a dentist’s chair.
Your wants, oral health, lifestyle, and budget will all be taken into consideration when you discuss your smile makeover with Dr. Mitul Patel at Family & Cosmetic Dental Care. Just know this: If you want a smile makeover, you can have one – and as a result your smile will function better and look that much better. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Patel.