Porcelain Veneers – Transform Your Smile
Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry solutions. Whatever your aesthetic complaint, veneers have the ability to hide faults and repair the problems that prevent you from having a smile you love. Most importantly, veneers – done right – look completely natural, so no one ever needs to know that the stunning smile you’re sporting didn’t come with your DNA.
Most Common Problems Fixed by Porcelain Veneers
Because porcelain veneers are so multifaceted, they are able to correct a great many aesthetic complaints all at one time, including:
- Long teeth
- Short teeth
- Worn enamel
- Surface cracks
- Wide spacing
All of these cosmetic issues can be repaired with other cosmetic dentistry treatments, like teeth whitening, porcelain crowns, or Invisalign braces. The beauty of veneers, however, is that if you’re dealing with multiple problems, they can all be corrected at the same time with one cosmetic procedure.
Are You a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Your Suwanee cosmetic dentist will conduct a complete evaluation of your teeth, gums, and bite to determine if veneers are the best solution for your concerns. If your oral health is exceptional, there is no reason other than your own choice that would prevent you from enjoying the many benefits of veneers.
The only people who would have to wait for veneers – and potentially be unable to receive them – are people who suffer from severe gum disease. Before any sort of cosmetic or restorative dentistry can be conducted in your mouth, your gums must be clean and healthy. You need a strong foundation to accept whatever dental repairs you have done.
In any case, while porcelain veneers may be your ultimate goal, it’s important to hear your My Johns Creek dentist out regarding all options. There may be other cosmetic dentistry options that make more sense for you, whether budget-wise or aesthetically speaking.
The Customization and Application of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are typically applied in just two or three visits to your dentist. That’s a pretty short amount of time that results in a brand new, gorgeous smile.
The prep for veneers includes minimally reshaping your original teeth to make room for the veneers. At this point, an impression is taken of your teeth so a mold can be created and each individual veneer is customized to fit over your existing teeth. In the meantime, temporary veneers are usually put in place while you wait for the real deal.
When your customized veneers are ready, you will return to your Suwanee dental office and the thin shells of handcrafted porcelain will be placed on your teeth to confirm that their size, shape, color, and translucency are completely appropriate for your smile, skin tone, bone structure, age, face shape, and overall appearance. Once you are satisfied with the look of the veneers and have signed off on the pieces that were made just for you, each contact-lens-thin veneer will be applied to the front surface of your original teeth with a strong bonding cement.
At this point, the veneers are shaped so that the final look is completely natural and comfortable. A curing light is then used to permanently bond the veneers to your teeth. Your dentist will confirm that your bite is in proper working order and that teeth are not rubbing together.
It is critical for you and your dentist to take into consideration the coloring of your original teeth when applying veneers. Because veneers are so incredibly thin, they do have a level of translucency, and this color is tinted to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. Veneers are mini works of art – they are made to reflect light like natural teeth and should not be opaque. You want to work with a Suwanee cosmetic dentist who is experienced with all the finer points of veneer fitting and application.
The Many Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
It would be difficult to name the many physical and emotional benefits that come from sporting porcelain veneers. The following list, however, will cover just some of the advantages that recipients of porcelain veneers are incredibly thankful for:
- A beautiful smile: If you want to look younger, healthier, happier, smarter, and even wealthier, porcelain veneers can help you get there.
- Renewed confidence: Without a doubt, a stunning smile can do wonders for your self-esteem. You have a renewed self-confidence when you are secure about how your smile looks.
- Restored function: Cracked, broken, or chipped teeth are difficult to live with. Porcelain veneers not only make your teeth look better, they are so strong that your teeth are completely functional. You will never again eat a meal worrying about what might happen to your unstable teeth.
- Strong teeth: Porcelain veneers are incredibly durable. Not only do they resist stains, they hold up to the wear and tear from biting and chewing that teeth must tend to every day. Because high-quality porcelain – which is resistant to temperature change and fractures – is used to make your veneers, there is little that can disturb the composition of this cosmetic dentistry solution.
- Long-lasting: When cared for properly with daily brushing and flossing and twice annual visits to your dentist for cleanings, your veneers can last for decades. Plus, veneers are stain-resistant.
- Flattering: A smile made with porcelain veneers by a talented cosmetic dentist looks authentic and complements your appearance. Plus, because veneers are placed on top of your natural teeth, they are able to slightly bump out your lips, making your lips look fuller and even minimizing fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth.
- Customized: Veneers are anything but one-size-fits-all. Each individual veneer is created to suit each of your teeth so that your smile is yours and yours alone and fits your mouth perfectly.
Have questions about porcelain veneers? Ready to find out whether you are a candidate for this life-changing smile makeover procedure? Contact My Johns Creek cosmetic dentistry practice to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mitul Patel.