Pain Management: Solutions to Relieve Pain and Discomfort at the Dentist
When you have tooth pain, the thought of going to the dentist for a repair can be even more painful. Instead of envisioning an unpleasant time in the dentist’s chair, however, imagine a peaceful experience, one in which you come away with a pain-free smile. At Family & Cosmetic Dental Care in Johns Creek, Dr. Mitul Patel uses sedation dentistry and other types of pain management to relieve pain and discomfort for patients who need or want this type of relaxation.
You don’t need to be in pain
Do you have dental problem that you’ve been ingnoring, hoping it will just go away? Did you just chip a tooth or crack a tooth?Call us at (770) 888-3384 We can fic your problem & take the pain away.
Ask us about Pain Managment[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Types of Pain Management
There are various types of pain management and, at our Johns Creek dental office, we offer the following options:
- Topical and local anesthetics: Typically used in combination, a topical anesthetic is applied with a swab to the mouth or gums where dental work will be performed. This effort numbs the area before the site is injected with a local anesthetic, such as Novocaine.
- Laughing gas: MLaughing gas is a light form of dental sedation. A small mask is placed over your nose so it can be inhaled there and expelled through the mouth. This common type of sedation helps patients relax, and the effects wear off quickly once the gas is turned off so that you can escort yourself home after your dental procedure.
- Oral sedation: Medication taken orally produces a light and sometimes moderate level of sedation. Patients are prescribed a pill, which is taken one hour before the procedure begins. In this level of sedation, you will be able to respond to your dentist and his requests, but you may feel sleepy. There will be a period of recovery time, and it will be necessary to have someone to drive you home.
In light forms of sedation, you will remain awake and alert but relaxed. In moderate sedation, you will be conscious during the procedure but groggy and may slur your words. You are unlikely to remember much of the procedure, if anything. Some patients do fall asleep under moderate sedation but are easily awakened. It is possible to sleep away your dental appointment.
Pain Management at Your Johns Creek Dentist
No one wants to endure dental problems, but neglecting to have them tended to because you are anxious about experiencing even greater pain at the dentist will only make your problem worse. Here is what you need to know about pain management at our Johns Creek dental practice:
- Most patients who are in good health can choose from laughing gas or oral sedation.
- Patel is specially trained and licensed to administer oral conscious sedative medications under careful monitoring.
- We offer oral conscious sedation at our office to provide you with a painless and stress-free dental experience.
- Sedation dentistry helps combat a severe gag reflex.
- If you have a physical limitation that makes it difficult to receive dental care, sedation dentistry can help.
- If you want a pleasant and anxiety-free dental experience, ask us about oral conscious sedation.
Don’t Wait – Make an Appointment with Your Johns Creek Dentist
Ultimately, if you are experiencing any sort of dental pain, whether in your teeth, gums, or jaw, contact Dr. Mitul Patel at Family & Cosmetic Dental Care in the Suwanee area to schedule your consultation. It is our goal to help you get relief from whatever pain you are experiencing, and help you maintain excellent oral health. We happily serve all North Atlanta communities.