All-On-4: Dental Implants for Missing Teeth
There is more than one kind of dental implant for missing teeth. The All-On-4 method is an innovative way to replace an entire arch of teeth without using one implant per tooth. A permanent, secure restoration, dental implants are an excellent option for patients who want to avoid dentures. The All-On-4 procedure offered at Family & Cosmetic Dental Care in Johns Creek allows all your new teeth to sit on just four dental implants.
The Benefits of All-On-4 for Missing Teeth
Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss for adults. When this condition is left untreated, teeth can become loose and fall out. Other teeth may need to be extracted because they are so damaged, potentially leaving you with no teeth on the top arch of your mouth or the bottom arch.
If you have many missing teeth, you don’t have to be a slave to the demands of removable dentures. All-On-4 is life-changing, and there are many reasons to choose this dental implant solution:
- Eat better and enjoy the foods you haven’t been able to chew or bite.
- Speak clearly and confidently.
- Improve the shape of your face so it does not look shrunken or compressed.
- Support the health of your jawbone with artificial but stimulating tooth roots.
- Have fully functional teeth that look completely natural.
- Feel good about your smile and yourself.
Implants aren’t going anywhere once they’re securely placed in your gum. All-On-4 is a powerful restorative dentistry solution that, once implanted, will feel just like natural teeth.
How All-On-4 Dental Implants Work
Using just four dental implants, All-On-4 replaces an entire arch of teeth. This powerful, permanent solution is ideal for patients who are missing multiple teeth in one area.
Implants are carefully placed in the part of your jaw that has the highest bone volume to make sure the implants are accepted by jaw bone and tissue alike and to promote good healing of the surgical area. Even patients with low bone density may be a candidate for All-On-4.
For every All-On-4 patient, their unique dental implants are fitted and designed for you alone before they are surgically put in place. There will be healing time to ensure that the implants are well-accepted by the jawbone. Then, it will be time to put the prosthetic teeth in place and complete your gorgeous smile.
The teeth that are attached to your implants can be in the form of dentures – all the benefits with none of the adhesive – or a dental bridge. Either solution is attached securely to the All-On-4 implant to prevent slipping, sliding, and other denture drawbacks.
Reasons to Choose All-On-4 Instead of Dentures
Modern dentures are a strong, customized tooth restoration solution. For some patients, they are the ideal smile makeover choice. However, dentures do come with the stigma that they’re for people of a certain age, plus it’s hard not to think of the potential drawbacks of dentures, including:
- Adhesive problems: Whether you’re using poor adhesive or not enough, one of the worst things that can happen is to have your dentures move out of place or fall out, whether you’re in public or among friends or coworkers, whether eating or speaking. All-On-4 are permanent implants. They’re not going anywhere.
- Discomfort: Dentures have a way of reminding you that they are in your mouth. Some denture-wearers experience soreness, irritation, pain, or just dislike the bulky nature of dentures. All-On-4 is in your jawbone, out of sight. Once the implants are in place, you’ll never feel them again.
- Bad fit: As time goes by, dentures can become loose. The initial fitting suited for your jawbone and gum tissue may need to be changed because of jawbone deterioration. You may need a new set of dentures or regular adjustments. By replacing natural tooth roots, All-On-4 stimulates the jawbone so there is never a problem with fit or function.
- Self-conscious: People who wear dentures not only worry about what could happen with the dentures, they’ll be anxious about how the dentures look. Sometimes, dentures can cause just as much anxiety as having missing teeth. All-On-4 dental implants are natural-looking. No one will ever need to know that your teeth aren’t real.
Are You a Good Candidate for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
Like all dental implants, All-On-4 is life-changing for the wearer. No more missing teeth, no discomfort, and the ability to eat and speak normally – all without dentures. Dental implants are comfortable, and they are designed to last a lifetime. Take care of them just like your natural teeth. See your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. Live life happily and with big smiles.
Your Johns Creek dentist will let you know if the All-On-4 dental restoration will work for your smile or if there is another procedure that is more appropriate. Do not despair if All-On-4 is not your best option – there is always a solution for missing teeth that will give you a beautiful, healthy smile.